Thursday, January 15, 2009

Too Cold

We've been having some Really Cold Weather lately. The sort of temperatures that I thought I was avoiding when I told Ed we should move just far north enough to get hills and fall leaves, but not far enough north to be "up north." Tomorrow's low is, according to my weather report, supposed to be 7. Not what I had in mind at all. At all.

However, it is Excellent school weather. No one, not even my kids, wants to go and frolic outside in temperatures like this. We are accomplishing quite a bit. Katie would read Fox in Love every day to me, if I'd let her. She just thinks it is That funny.
(You'll notice, though, that even with most of the house kept at 60 degrees, Katie can't be bothered to wear long sleeves. Or a sweater. But she likes snuggling in front of the fire.)

3 comments:

Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

Brrr! We've had some pretty cold nights here in the past few weeks, but right now the days are downright balmy, and the roads are clear. The snow is hanging out in the woods though, and it is thigh deep!

Jules said...

It is pretty d*** cold, isn't it? I am holed up here with actual temps of 20 below. yeah - even the hardiest northerners are getting a little whiny. ;)

Melora said...

Elisheva,
I suspect that your idea of "balmy" and mine aren't the same, but I envy you your snow (assuming it would stay off the roads!)

Jules,
Holed up is where I'd be at 20 degrees below (and I assume that when you say "actual temp" you mean that there is a wind chill that makes it feel even Colder!). Definitely good computer weather!