Saturday, December 24, 2005

A Retrospective of Christmas Pageants Past



I love
Christmas Eve. The anticipation, the cookies, the pageant!

Many years ago, when I was a librarian with no children and no prospects of ever having any, I was driving home from work one evening, right before Christmas, and had to stop at a cross walk to allow a troop of little angels, and other little children dressed in pageant type costumes, accompanied by parents, to cross the street. I remember watching those children cross, and Wanting so much to be a mommy with my own little shepherds and sheep in a pageant. Strange thing for a childless woman to want, maybe, but I did.

Travis is going to repeat last year's excellent performance as a king this year. No worries there. Katie Might be an angel, or she Might be a shepherd (are girls allowed to be shepherds?). I think it is Most likely that she will decide she wants to stay with mommy and daddy. If she does decide she wants a part, I just hope she doesn't get scared half way through. Whatever happens, I Love the pageant!

The pictures are of the kids in 2002 and 2004. Did I forget the camera in 2003?

No comments: