Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Movie Review

We went to see the new Harry Potter today just after lunch. I thought it was wonderful! Yes, they changed things, combined things, and left out a lot of things I had hoped to see, but that was sort of inevitable, and what was there was good. Aside from not looking like a toad, Professor Umbridge was excellent and Luna Lovegood was not as I'd imagined but lovely. Tonks was only seen in passing (a disappointment), but Kreacher was decent (but Dobby was missing entirely). Considering that they were simplifying and shortening so that the movie would be a reasonable length and enjoyable for people who hadn't read the book, I thought they did a nice job. T. says he would give it four and a half (out of five) stars. K. says it was Great. Ed enjoyed it but was somewhat disappointed. He told me afterward, "I never thought I'd say this, but this is one where the book was better than the movie!" He's right, of course, but I never thought I never thought I'd hear him say those words.

No comments: