Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Conjugating, Cats, and Kids

My father is and always has been an avowed cat-disliker. Naturally, then, Harry fell in love with him on first sight. Actually, Harry is very pleased with both my parents -- they are adults, they are quiet and don't move fast and erratically, and they don't grab at a cat's tail. My mom is willing to pat a cat when the occasion demands, and Harry approves of her cooking. My daddy, however, seems to have earned Harry's most particular affection. Every time he sits down, in any chair, he has Harry purring on his lap, and when he stumbles out of his bedroom in the middle of the night, Harry rushes to greet him, eager for some late night play time.











Travis complained (a little) about his grammar work today, and to make him feel better, my mom conjugated the verb "drive" twenty-eight different ways in six different persons. Travis has a long way to go before he is up to that sort of grammatical cleverness, but the demonstration certainly did put the amount of work he has to do into perspective!

1 comment:

Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

Well, now, your dad looks like he is, um, tolerating the cat.

And your mom is awesome! I don't think I could do what she did in one sitting, and I liked grammar as a kid!

It looks like everyone is enjoying each other at your house. Even the cat. And that's pretty nice.