Friday, January 11, 2008

You Know Those Stupid Warning Labels on Products?

The ones that tell you Not to do incredibly dumb stuff that you think nobody would really do? Have you ever wondered who they make those labels for? Well, Someone I Know got this toy, where you pull a string to launch that little green disk spinning into the air, in his Happy Meal today.

Looks harmless enough, doesn't it? However...
if you stick your nose rather than the disk into the wind-up station, and then pull the launching string...
your nose might get badly scratched.

Travis thought the scratches on his nose were funny, but Ed was not amused. The toy has been confiscated until its former owner develops common sense (so I will have a disk launching monkey for at least the next couple of decades, I suppose).

*Just in case you are wondering, there was not a warning against sticking your nose into the launcher anywhere on the packaging. I think Travis's pain and suffering and emotional damage ought to be worth at least a few million, eh?

7 comments:

melissa said...

BWAHAHAHAH!!!! I love this kid!! Sounds like totally normal stuff around here. They do outgrow most of it, you know? Too cute!

Melora said...

He is such a goof. Much as I love him, I still find it very comforting to hear that other people's goofy boys have become less goofy with age!

andie said...

ROFL! Better nose than sister's hair!

Boys.

Kathy Jo DeVore said...

ROFLMBO Gah, this kid sounds more like Nikki with every post. :D

CeCe said...

Ha ha, poor T.

Reminds me of the time my little brother went all through the living room, head down on the carpet, butt up in the air, and ended up with this REALLY bad CARPET BURN on his nose! ha ha. The scab was so huge and gross, and the wound stuck around for WEEKS... Boys are so silly!

Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

I remember days like that when N. was younger. Like last week when he and A. decided to play a little game that involved batting around rocks with their elbows. Ouch!

What is it about b...ummm, the male of the species?

Dy said...

Oh, Melora! I'm laughing so hard right now, I'm afraid I'll wake Em. That is SO, SOOOO terrifyingly familiar a scenario - the potential for these things is just... it's mindboggling, isn't it?

I thought the same thing Andie did, though. When I read, I kept thinking, No, not K's hair! Oh, no! Ouch! But that sweet smile and that little nose - ouch - and yet, how can you not laugh?

And what mother doesn't need a disk launching monkey, right?

Dy