Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Happy Birthday, Mommy!

Today is my mother's birthday. My dad took us all out for a celebratory mid-day dinner, and then we went over to my parents' for pie, presents, and our not-very-tuneful-but-truly-heartfelt singing of "Happy Birthday." It was great!

 My mom makes the world's best apple pie.


Isn't she lovely?

My sweeties!

More of my sweeties. And phacops. You can't take a picture without Phacops the Trilobite jumping in. Apparently that is a Trilobite quirk.

A new dictionary! Our ongoing bananagrams game just moved up a level!

A lovely golden moose sweatshirt!

Katie wrote a story. And made a hobbit hole card.

And we finally got snow! Also cold, cold weather. I'd have skipped the snow if we could have missed the cold, but the kids enjoyed it.




Katie's snowman. He's a little short, but well dressed.

And Travis's Goomy, a Pokemon.

It was a lovely day. I know I've mentioned it before, but my mom is wonderful, and I am so lucky to be her daughter, and my kids are so lucky to have her for a granny, and Ed is so lucky to have her for a mother-in-law! She is always kind, incredibly thoughtful, totally selfless, and she knows absolutely everything! She is also a brilliant cook, and the sort of person you want to share all your favorite books with because she appreciates a good book. She's cute and sweet and.... well.... completely perfect! I love you, Mommy! Happy birthday!

2 comments:

Queen Guinevere said...

Sounds like a perfect day for a world class lovely lady!

Melora said...

Thank you, Jennifer! It was a great day. (And well done on becoming Queen! I hadn't realized!)