Saturday, June 02, 2018

The Pocket Paradise is Ours!

That dreamy house we looked at in my last post? We bought it! The sellers were eager to sell and as of May 25 that lovely, lovely house is ours! We are just So delighted with it.

So now we are moving. Which is... well, a bit of a pain in the neck. But the new place is so awesome and offers exciting new opportunities for the kids -- new community college with a "digital effects and animation technology" track, and a new high school for Katie that will offer a wider range of classes, plus we think a close friend of hers will be transferring there too -- and we don't plan to move again (I told Ed the other night that now I get what those people are thinking in the movies you see where a family moves into a new house and it soon proves to be Haunted by Malevolent Spirits. You-the-Viewer are thinking "Just get Out for goodness sake!," but the family just wipes the blood off the walls and ignores their rapidly approaching doom. But now I get it. They Moved. All their Stuff. And they would rather take their chances with the Forces of Evil than move again. I'm Sure our new house is Not haunted, but if it were I'd sooner tackle ghosts than pack all our stuff again!).

The new yard is, as I said before, not large, but the planting beds are nicely laid out and I am Really looking forward to playing in them. And I've already used my new Mower! It's electric, and an absolute Dream. Quiet and effective.












  (Here you see what is currently a thriving poison ivy and bramble bed. I hope it will soon be full of roses and flowers!)

And Ed's weeping willow! He had one in his yard when he was a kid.


The creek out back. Full of bricks proving that we are not the first to think a "sea wall" might save our yard from eroding away.


  (A more flattering picture from a month ago.)


My future library.


My laundry room!


And the sun room out back.






Katie's new art desk! It was in the laundry room, but we hauled it up the stairs to her art room.

And Katie at her dance recital.


The cats. They are looking cranky, but they love all the boxes!


6 comments:

carol said...

How wonderful for you! Congratulations! When I was much younger, I knew the value of moving periodically--you actively De-Stuff your lifestyle. Staying in place means less incentive to toss... so you'll have to stay in place I guess. :) And it looks like you have a pool, along with all the gardening space. Just a minute--I'll be right over :D

Queen Guinevere said...

It is so beautiful! I would love to live amoung that greenery!

Melora said...

Carol, that is So true about the more frequent moves. "Stuff" has stuck up on us and become attached. It Does have a pool! Vinyl liner, which I don't know anything about, but I'm sure Finny and the kids will enjoy it, once we get it opened and cleaned up. And you are welcome to drop in any time!

Melora said...

Jennifer, it really Is pretty. You guys should come visit some time!

Unknown said...

Beautiful house and location!

Unknown said...

WOW! Can't wait to see you in November and take the house tour. Got your letter (nicest one we've received in years). Please email or text or call with your new phone number.Happy birthday again and all our love.Uncle Dave and Lucy