Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Mud, Leaks, and Shakespeare

Rain and more rain falls.
Water drips from my ceiling.
Dark stains multiply.



We seem to be catching up on lost rain. A good thing for the water table, I'm sure, but not for our roof. We realized that we had sprung a new leak last week when water started dripping in around the ceiling fan in our school room. We are catching the water in buckets, but today three new dark patches appeared on the ceiling. The roof guy still hasn't gotten back to us. Ed and I spread tarps on the roof today, pinning them down with assorted scraps of lumber, and this appears to have helped slow the inundation.

I almost wish I had decided on a two week Christmas break, as the children have been mentally on holiday anyway. If I hadn't been sick after Thanksgiving and missed too much school I would have. Still, we are getting some work done. Yesterday was our book group's holiday get-together, and we hashed out a rough schedule for doing a couple Shakespeare plays (Hamlet and Macbeth, I think), starting in January.


1 comment:

Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

Wow. I admire your determination. A majory holiday next week for you, and major leaks, and you still press on.

I hope it all gets to rights before the holiday comes!