Monday, January 02, 2006

A Good Start to 2006

I had work today, but nothing dreadful. (Although I am still waiting to hear from a realtor who is supposed to call when the appliances have been installed in a house I appraised a couple weeks ago, so I can race over and do the final inspection. The price I pay for being honest.)

At Travis's request, I made "mom's famous, best ever" biscuits this morning. Actually, they are Fannie Farmer's Baking Powder Biscuits, but years of culinary neglect have produced a son who is embarrassingly easy to impress. Add a loaf of egg bread (made in the machine), and I've been the "world's greatest mom" today. Now, if we manage to get in a grammar lesson before bedtime, I might start to believe my great "press!"

Watered the lawn today, and the kids wanted to run through the sprinklers. They wound up playing in the wading pool, squirting each other with the hose. Another thing we may not be able to enjoy "up north" in January.

No comments: