Friday, February 03, 2006

Wet But Happy

Finished up my airstrip property this morning, and it came to the asking price to the dollar. I was a little surprised, but I guess their realtor really does know her stuff. I e-mailed it to the client, figuring that they wouldn't complain, but would be cynical about an appraisal that hit the asking price on the nose.

I got to wear my beautiful new teal raincoat to my 1:30 inspection today, since the rain was coming down in buckets. Nice fellow at the house (he owns a gift cookie shop), but measuring the house with thunder booming and lighting flashing all around was disconcerting (and my papers are soaked and hard to read).

Made a trip to the grocery store for necessities and fixin's for make-your-own ice cream sundaes. Hana is our dinner guest tonight, and we are having pizza and ice cream. When I got home, I had a message to call the office. Turns out that my airstrip house client called the office to praise me and my work to the skies! How is that for a happy surprise? (And a very nice way to end an afternoon when I was feeling very wet and tired.)

*The photo is of my precious little poppet adding yet more m&m's to her ice cream sundae.

No comments: