Friday, June 16, 2006

Where Can I Buy a Time-Turner?

I did two time consuming inspections this morning, and then went to Wal-Mart for toiletries and groceries. By the time I got home, I was tired, sweaty, and hungry, but I was pretty pleased with myself for having gotten a lot of work done by 2:00. I pictured myself taking care of a little work stuff, educating T., playing with K., cleaning the house, and having some personal reading time before fixing a healthful dinner. Maybe Ed is not entirely off when he teases me about having a very poor sense of how long things take. It is now 7:00, and my house is only very slightly picked up, my son is only slightly more educated, my daughter is utterly neglected and amused herself this afternoon with coating the toilet handle with Super Glue (fortunately, she doesn’t believe in flushing, so it was her daddy who got his fingers glued together), I didn’t get to read, and dinner is spaghetti again. Where does my day go?

1 comment:

Cherrypie said...

Now sounds like a good time to try the Rescue Remedy.

Where have been all week? I've missed so much.