Friday, August 24, 2007

I signed on to Blogger today, all ready to post about my wonderful new grammar books, when I noticed that they had a jazzy new upload videos feature. I just Had to play with it, and the kids were willing to oblige me with a repeat performance of "The Owl and the Pussycat," as long as good old Harry could be in the movie too. As you may notice, good old Harry was Not entirely enthusiastic about his screen debut. (Also, the excitement of filming with a cat is not conducive to remembering all the lines in a poem.)

*No cats were harmed in the making of this video. Deeply annoyed, but not hurt.

**In case you hadn't noticed, Blogger's new feature didn't work for me. Three tries in a row it didn't work, in fact. So it's back to Youtube.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm impressed. One, that Harry didn't just hightail it out of there and two how well K & T knew the poem. I am so bad about not having the girls do any memorization. Something we need to work on.

Amy

Melora said...

Amy,
He was trying, but Katie has a good grip (and he has so far been restrained in his behavior toward irritating children). They loved learning that poem because it is silly, has a cat, and they can sing it. I am having trouble finding another poem with that combination of attributes!

Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

I'm so glad the cat is o.k.

Do you record your video with a cam-corder? I don't even have one--yet. I guess i still have one foot stuck firmly in the 20th century. ;)

Melora said...

Elisheva,
He is fine! He actually approaches the kids when he wants attention, so I don't think they have traumatized him too badly.
I used T.'s little Canon digital camera for that. My camera has a movie setting too, but the file size gets too big.