Friday, December 28, 2007

If It Ain't Broke...

...I'll still likely spend the day messing with it, because I just don't know when to leave well enough alone.
All I wanted was to have my "archives," which go back to December 2005, collapsed neatly into a drop down menu instead of taking up half my side bar. I looked at the html code site, where I recently learned how to make cross-outs (thusly) and center bits of text, but the instructions for drop down boxes looked way too complicated for me. So I went to my favorite home school board and asked there. Someone responded that all I needed to do was go to my template and click "yes" on the drop-down-box for archives choice. I went to my template and looked, but, of course, this choice is not available in the old Blogger template which I have been stubbornly clinging to (because aside from the archives thing, it worked just dandy, thank you very much). Today we had planned to drive over to Wilkesboro and make an afternoon of biking and playing at the park, and this would have been marvelous fun if today's weather had been sunny and warm, as it was yesterday. Unfortunately, today dawned foggy (at least, I assume it dawned, though we never did see the sun) and cold and rainy, so we didn't go out at all. So, basically, I messed with my almost entirely satisfactory blog template because we were stuck indoors, and with the tickly cough in my throat, I can only read so many chapters at a time of Arabel and Mortimer.


The kids spent their time more productively than I did.

What I find most annoying about this new blog template is the narrowness of the text column (and the way the sidebar items seem to be crowding in on the text), and the fact that I can't manage to center the blog title and "blurb" no matter how I try (and I won't admit how long I spent trying!). I'm not sure if the text is big enough either, so if you have any suggestions, please do let me know!

*Also, having taken a quick before-bed peek at a few of the blogs I read, I just realized that I picked the same template as Sister Mary Martha and Elisheva Hannah Levin. All I can say is that there weren't many choices I liked, and you know what they say about imitation!

**Oh. Now my title has disappeared. Wonderful. I didn't even mess with code and I messed it up. I'm off to bed anyway, leaving my poor headless blog to fend for itself.

No comments: