Saturday, January 19, 2008

What a Rip-Off!*


We were promised snow today. One to two inches, which would have been such fun. Hmpfff! And my favorite homeschooling board changed to an entirely new and confusing format. How much am I expected to endure? (I am kidding about the enduring, by the way, Completely kidding. Knocking on wood, in fact!) Anyway, instead of spending their day playing in beautiful fluffy white snow, the kids have been playing Nintendo (and, obviously, "Rock Star") and I have been trying to learn the ins and outs of the new hs board. But now I am repenting my sluggishness and am going to do laundry and read Katie a stack of Magic Schoolbus books.

(When I get out the camera & mention that I need a picture for the blog, the levels of hammishness around here rise to truly astonishing heights. That part of them is all Ed!)

*This is one of Katie's expressions, and I can't figure out where she got it, but it always cracks me up when she says it (generally in reference to a situation where the quantities of available chocolate do not meet with her approval, such as coffee hour after church when she has been good and there are no brownies. What is the point of being good if there are no brownies afterward?).

1 comment:

Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

I absolutely hate it when they predict snow--as they did here the other night--and then it doesn't happen! I feel cheated, too. As Katie says: What a rip-off!