Sunday, December 19, 2010

I'm Just a Girl Who Can't Say No

Finally made it to church, on the fourth Sunday of Advent.  It was lovely.  Great Bible study, beautiful service, great hymns.  Towards the end of coffee hour, though, the priest's wife asked if I would mind running the pageant this year.  Back around Thanksgiving she had mentioned plans to do it as a Power Point presentation (not sure how that would have worked, but I was fine with whatever she wanted, since, having run the pageant last year, I wasn't in charge this year!), but the power point pageant apparently it required more prep time than is now available. Ed asked me on the way home, "How did it happen?"  Sigh.  I am a wimp.  So, next Sunday, after church, I am supposed to organize things/people and have our one rehearsal, and the next week, January 2, we'll do our Chrismas pageant. Words fail me.  Again.

But we did go back up the mountain this afternoon to go caroling with people from our church, and then to a party.  The caroling was lots of fun, despite the freezing weather.  We quite a few houses and a retirement center (the last was a bit depressing, and Katie got scared, but the residents seemed pleased to see us).  The party was at a large, lovely home, and the food and company were excellent.  I could almost forgive the priest's wife for saddling me with the pageant in gratitude for her beautiful piano playing.  After a glass of wine I was hardly even shy about my singing, though I still had the sense to sit on the sidelines when they broke out Handel's Messiah and sang Ave Maria and the Hallelujah Chorus. It was very nice.  And I am going to try not to worry too much about the pageant.  Maybe we will have blizzards for the next few Sundays!

No comments: