Monday, June 04, 2012

Busily Puttering...

It feels as though I've been awfully busy lately, but when I try to remember what it is I've been busy with I can't quite remember!
I've put together a sort of schedule of classes for Travis, from this coming year (eighth grade) through twelfth grade. And the kids and I have been plugging away at math, writing, Latin, etc. And I've worked on my Latin, but with discouragingly little result. 
We've had some nice afternoons outside...

And last Sunday Travis was confirmed!





The service was absolutely wonderful, and everything went just the way it was supposed to. The bishop's sermon was fabulous -- all about hope, rebirth, new creation -- and one of Travis's mentors gave him a beautiful pear tree, symbolizing the good "fruit" he will produce. It was very moving.

And then we went home and I tried to get the lawnmower to mow and failed, and my lovely mountaintop glow was considerably dimmed. Not to be dramatic or anything, but I think my mower is demon possessed.  Still, Travis didn't trip and fall on his face in front of the bishop, and I made homemade pasta for Sunday dinner and it was good, so you really couldn't ask much more from a day, even with the evil mower from hell.

And the kids' piano teacher taught them to play Chopsticks...




This was the first time they've played since the lesson, so they hadn't exactly figured out how long to go -- apparently it can go on indefinitely? You can see from Travis's expression that he felt there was room for improvement, but I thought it was nice and cheerful!

2 comments:

Dy said...

Congratulations, Travis! (And Go, Melora - homemade pasta! Yum!)

It's funny, how far we can get just puttering, isn't it? Good stuff, there.

Melora said...

Thanks, Dy! I'm never bored, anyway!