Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Pool Day!

Today was just absolutely wonderfully, gloriously beautiful, and in the afternoon (the day camp kids leave at 3:00) we went to the pool. It was lovely. Nice cool breezes, not too crowded. Just perfect.

















I spent a fair lot of time admiring leaps from the diving board (in case you couldn't tell!), but I did get a little reading in. One of my "possibles" for my little co-op group of boys to read was The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian, and that was what I brought to read. I got all the way to page 26 before I realized it would not be one of our books. Which was nice in that I didn't have to read much before eliminating it, but unfortunate in that I hadn't brought anything else to read. But on the way home from the pool we stopped by the library and I returned the Part-Time Indian and picked up Steinbeck's The Red Pony (another possible -- I can't remember if it is as depressing as I remember or if I am mixing it up with My Friend Flicka. *Okay, just checked on Amazon, and judging by the reviews it is even More depressing than I remembered. Drat! Another one down.) and A Passage to India (for me. In all that spare time I keep imagining myself having.).  But, despite my book list woes, it was an absolutely beautiful day!


No comments: