Tuesday, September 18, 2012

This Week's Reading...



well, most of it, anyway.  We've made it to the 20's! To be honest, so far they feel a little grim, what with everyone being dead or displaced from the war. But maybe that's just my left over impressions from the tail end of last week -- 1918 and 1919 -- and this week things will start to get jolly! It doesn't help that I'm reading (for my own education) The Great Silence, by Juliet Nicolson, which is interesting but sad. Also good, and not particularly sad, is No Ordinary Time: Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt: The Homefront in World War II, by Goodwin. I'm listening to that one as an abridged audio book, but the abridgment is only a fraction of the whole and I'm tempted to find out what is in the parts I'm missing! Anyway, we have lots of good stuff to learn about this week, and I expect there will be some frivolity. And if not, we will just have to supply our own!

No comments: