Saturday, November 03, 2012

October?

Phooey. I love October. November? Well, November is cold.

Actually, today November is gorgeous. And I don't suppose I'll talk anyone into turning the clocks back a whole month (for one thing, we'd have another month of political campaigning, and even for nice weather that is a high price) so I guess I'll just try to make the best of it. After all, November has my parents coming back for the winter, which is an excellent thing, and Thanksgiving (a.k.a. Pie Day!), which is also quite nice.

But first..... I must to show you my angels in their Halloween costumes!



 Travis is dressed as a Minecraft Creeper. I didn't actually know what that was until a few minutes ago when I googled it. Turns out that Travis's costume is very accurate. Which would explain the enthusiastic recognition by his fellow teenagers on Halloween night. Also, of course, there were a couple silly people (adults) who thought he was dressed as a box, but there are always a few, eh?
 The candy was very good this year! Lots of chocolate.
 


 And here is Katie, practicing her presentation of Poe's "The Raven." 
And practicing again, in the kitchen.


The Creeper head adds a whole new dimension to the raven's solemn intonation, "Nevermore!"

No comments: