Saturday, April 06, 2013

Oh, You Wanted Spring?

Well, gosh! Why didn't you say so?

Soon after we moved to North Carolina, I was talking with our neighbor, and I must have made a complaint about the weather, because I remember him telling me, "If you don't like the weather in North Carolina, just wait a day or two and it will be different!" (On a suspicion, I just googled this expression  and it is apparently folk wisdom in just about every state. Still, it certainly seems appropriate now!) After Thursday's unwelcome snow, today was sunny and delightful! We went over to my parents' for dinner (delicious, especially the carrot cake!), and I took some pictures of their lovely daffodils, crocuses, pansies, etc..



(My mom commented that she saw a little rabbit through the window, in the back yard. Any guesses as to what he was up to? Poor chewed up pansies!)



Forsythia!


We think this is a cherry!




And now.... can we play "Name That Shrub!"?

This is a very large, loose growing shrub with glossy, oval leaves. I am guessing flowering quince, but really I don't know.

And this is another tall shrub. The leaves are small and fairly oval, and the flowers are tiny and look like baby's breath. It is very pretty, but I have no idea what it is.


And Travis is still not quite as tall as his Paba! (But once he is, and the mustache finishes growing in, I don't think we'll be able to tell them apart!)



 And grape hyacinths. Not lovely so much as quirky and sweet. And that blue on the top really is beautiful.

This last is ours. A pear, I think, that Ed got us for our anniversary a year or so ago. It is a good tree.

No comments: