Saturday, June 07, 2014

Week in Review

I finished Plato's Republic! (but not the Interpretive Essay, which I Will read, just as soon as I finish Beowulf!)

The kids got a good (no cavities) report from the dentist this week, but Travis got bad (if not unexpected) news about his wisdom teeth. Still, they are brushing well!

We went up to church for the last mission trip fundraiser last night -- a spaghetti dinner/talent show. It went well, and both kids got compliments on their piano playing (and I was praised for my garlic butter. I'll take any atta-girls that I can get!)

And the weather has been Glorious! Not too hot (in fact, sometimes a bit on the coolish side for me). Perfect pool and reading weather!




1 comment:

Running Monologue said...

Obviously, the "coolish" aspects of the weather are no more. :) You are far more ambitious in your reading this summer than I have been. You're making the rest of us look bad. :) Still... love hearing about good reads. Perhaps I will stretch my intellectual pursuits this summer.