Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

We had a lovely day here! The usual, which means the kids and Ed watched the Macy's Parade (and they called me in to see the Sesame Street float and KISS), Ed cooked the World's Best Turkey, my parents came over bearing pies, mushrooms, beans, and champagne, and we all ate too much and were silly.  Wouldn't have minded a few more degrees of warmth, but otherwise the day was perfect!


It was good!

Then after dinner we snuggled on the couches and watched The Desolation of Smaug (the kids each kicked in some money and we splurged for the extended edition!). My parents hadn't seen it before, and they were astonished at Peter Jackson's creativity. We watched it last night as well, but Katie and I are shameless fans and Travis was willing to watch it most of the way through again, to be friendly.

And then my parents went home and I cleaned up some rough edges on the pecan pie while listening to Alice's Restaurant. Definitely feeling thankful this evening.

2 comments:

The Foil Hat said...

Sounds perfect!!! I am once again jealous of your bookshelves - all walls should be bookshelves.

Anonymous said...

such a good movie! Glad you had a such a good day!