Thursday, November 20, 2014

Reading with Cat


It's been cold. When I settle on the couch to read (Hanawalt's The Middle Ages, in case you are curious. The odd looking image under my fingers is a bookmark, which I use to help myself focus. Focusing on Hanawalt while Katie chatters about what recipes she might prepare for her application to Master Chef Junior requires all my powers. And a bookmark.), Emma obligingly settles on my lap to keep me warm. Unfortunately, she insists on being on top of my arms. Both of them. And she is firmly convinced that she Must be pinning my arms down. This makes holding a book difficult. Emma is not concerned.



Katie kindly took this aerial view, just to fully illustrate the problem. And yes. That is a Lot of cat. (But she produces a vast amount of lovely warmth.)

No comments: