Friday, February 06, 2015

Still Here. Send Blankets!

Crawling briefly out of my blanket cave to post a few pictures and report that we are not quite frozen, yet. Actually, Katie cheerfully trotted outside this morning, in 18 degree weather, in t-shirt and flip flops, to feed Harry. She appears to have adapted well to our arctic climate. I have not. But I saw sweet fuzzy little pale green buds on some trees today, so it is possible I will survive to see another spring.

Enough moaning, eh? On to the pictures. Because last Saturday we had a nice day! Not warm, but not sub-zero either. So my parents and I went for a hike up to Wolf Rock.

Here my dad is giving me his quizzical, "You cannot seriously be taking another picture of us on this rock, can you?" look. You'd think he'd know me better by now.


And here he and my mom are singing "Once I Went in Swimming." In case you've forgotten the words, here's a link. And another link. (If I'd been on my toes I'd have recorded them, but...)



As I said, it was a pretty day.


For Saturday's dessert, Katie and I made this pumpkin cake with caramel frosting. Not terribly elegant, but it was tasty!

That's it. The kids and I have been doing all the usual stuff. Travis and I have gotten up to Dante's Paradiso, which is less.... dare I say "fun"? than Inferno or even Purgatorio, but still, in its own way, interesting. But not warm! However, I am listening to Patrick O'Brian's H.M.S. Surprise and our heroes are currently bobbing about at the equator in roasty-warm weather. Sounds lovely (the warmth, not the bit about being on a boat!).

No comments: