Friday, November 27, 2015

A Belated "Happy Thanksgiving" to All!

It was just a small gathering this year, again, but nice. 

The usual foods, plus peas, in honor of my dad, who mentioned wishing for them. One of the perks of being fifty is that I no longer feel the slightest hesitation in declining peas when a parent suggest them, but they were there, and cooked to perfection (for peas), for those who like such things. I juiced up the cranberries this year with orange peel and JD Tennessee Honey whiskey, and the sweet potatoes were even better than usual (I make good sweet potatoes) with a little maple syrup.  Ed's turkey was, as always, first class. The pies were/are very good, even with dextrose instead of normal sugar and gluten free flour in the crusts, but even so, pies no longer agree with me. But I've discovered lactose free chocolate ice cream lately so I'm feeling grateful anyway!


This is what happens to fat kitties who hang out under the table while people are playing Bananagrams!

And now for the Finny pictures!

Aren't they cute?



I just love the way the boy and the pup have matching expressions here.

"And Mama in her 'kerchief, and I in my cap, had just settled our brains for a long winter's nap!"

We got Finny a Christmas hat, but he doesn't love it as you might think he would.



Here he is, looking like a fine reading companion. The pretense did not last long.







No comments: