Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Twenty Years!!!

No, not since my last blog post, sillies!
Twenty years married to my amazing sweetie-pie, Ed!

Let's have big hand for Ed, who signed on the dotted line after two weeks acquaintance, and who's been delightfully good humored ever since. A good sense of humor is So helpful, isn't it?

Here we are on our wedding day! I'd meant to have Katie take a picture of us to post, as we are today (she's home on Spring Break), but it's only 12:30 in the afternoon, so, of course, she's still in bed. Oh well. You know what we look like. And I like the picture with Ed's parents and brother. Well, and the bottom one too, with Floyd the notary, of course.



But I Do have pictures of this year's Anniversary tree and shrubberies!
A dogwood and two azaleas. They look nice, don't they?




Okay, so. What happened to March? Not much, actually. Ed and Katie had their birthdays, and those were just fine. Otherwise, there seemed to be a lot of people being unwell. All of us, my parents included, participated, each in his or her own special way. But we mostly got better, or got used to things, and here we are, in April!

Here are some pictures of March birthdays and unbirthdays.

(Travis got Katie a really neat little bluetooth speaker that has lights to match the music!)

 Ed, soul of moderation that he is, requested a Small cake. So, here is his six inch cake. It looks like an "Easy Bake" cake, but it was, I'm told, very good.






My dad helping Katie get her electronics going, with Mom looking on.



Livy helped by anchoring the instructions.

And here's Finn, greeting me after I've been away for SO long! Probably all the way down the driveway to the mailbox.


We still haven't got the hang of the "selfie" thing, but someday...!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Am I understanding correctly--you mean you only knew each other only two weeks before you got married? Congrats again!

You know, Finn probably needed reassurance that the mail carrier drop off another dog. It's one of the wonderful things about them, that they are Enthusiastic Every Time they see you! ;)

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary!

Melora said...

That's it, Carol! Ed and I didn't take long to appreciate our compatibility and move on to marriage and kids. Neither one of us was a spring chicken (I was 31), so... no time to lose!

Finny's enthusiasm is So nice. I'm not a morning person, but his wild excitement every morning at our reunion (Ed doesn't go for pets in the bedroom, though Livy sneaks in anyway) is a marvelous way to start the day.