Friday, April 21, 2006

Happy Tummies and High Hopes


Tonight, we enjoyed our anniversary gift from my parents. Sweet and Sour Chicken for the kids, and Triple Delight (shrimp, scallops, and lobster) for the grown-ups. Who says you can’t buy happiness?

More of the usual nonsense for work today. I actually spent half an hour going over an appraisal with a woman whose house I appraised in March for PMI removal. The appraisal went through fine, the PMI is gone, but the woman told me that it was a matter of pride – her house had to be worth as much or more than the houses of her friends. She finally accepted my explanation, but was still grumpy.

Well, I’m off to clean the house now. Tomorrow, I hope, people will be lining up bright and early (picture the applicants for the position of nanny in Disney’s Mary Poppins), eager to tour and then purchase our house!

3 comments:

Cherrypie said...

I love those cute food cartons that you have over there. We just get flimsy plastic boxes ( which have to be washed and kept and placed in a cupboard along with the other 68 from previous meals which rarely get used again).

I bet you all felt like you were in an episode of Friends. I would if I ate out of one.

The Triple Delight sounds delicious

Dy said...

*snort* *chuckle* That's just funny!

Hey, can I pick your brain about PMI removal? Pretty please? :-D

Dy

Melora said...

Cherrypie -- The Triple Delight is fabulous! Eating from take-out boxes doesn't exactly make me feel like a thin, glamorous thirty-something, but it is a real treat!

Dy -- I'd be happy tell you anything I know about PMI removal, but that's not saying much. We had ours taken off, and I do appraisals for removal purposes, but I'm quite ignorant about the banking end of things. I added my e-mail address to my profile, though, so you can e-mail me, and I'll answer anything I can!