Tuesday, August 05, 2008

The All-Produce Blog

This morning I enthusiastically told Katie's riding teacher how much we'd enjoyed the zucchini she gave us last week. And I might have mentioned something about how she should feel free to drop off her excess produce at our house anytime. Hint hint! (In my defence, she had volunteered that she had more vegis than she could use.) We left her house with a nice sized bag of potatoes. This afternoon, she stopped by our house with this...

and this...and also two zip locks full of basil.

So now I have lots of fun stuff to put in that pot of tomato soup I'm making tomorrow. I just need to figure out what to make with all the hot peppers -- most of the bottom of that basket is peppers. Ideas?

The blueberries at the blueberry patch finally ripened as well. Last Friday, the kids and I picked quite a few. I made two blueberry crumbles, this pie, and enjoyed them on my cereal. (We are keen on dessert around here!)

And this concludes today's entirely cat-picture-free post!

2 comments:

Wisteria said...

You know if I found someone who wanted produce in this town, I might abuse it. I've gotten tired.

Melora said...

Well, if you are ever passing through north-western NC.....
It is only my tomatoes that are overwhelming me (novice gardener here!), so we are thrilled to "help" with the produce of more skilled gardeners!