Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Tuesday

We checked off all our assignments today, and had time to play in the pool.  Katie rewrote "The Town Mouse and the Country Mouse," with lots of dialogue, even though when I first gave her the assignment she thought it would kill her to write that much.  She did a nice job, without help from me, on her "lab report" for science too.  Travis wrote a paper which had some really good images, and even good sentences, but which didn't hold together and I made him rewrite it.  I haven't felt up to checking it yet.  He also did better than usual with his science test, and passed a Fred section on the third bridge (this chemistry stuff is tough!).  Everything went fine, in fact.  But we still didn't find time to start drawing maps the way Leigh Bortins describes in The Core, which is something I really Do want to do.  I did make up a bunch of papers with the grid for placing the continents on, so maybe we'll get started placing our continental blobs tomorrow.  And from there I'm sure it will be just a few easy steps to drawing detailed maps of all the major countries and geographical features from memory.  I'll keep you posted.

And speaking of my darling lambs, here is a quote that showed up on my google home page today which they particularly liked:
"Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day.  Give a fish a man, and he'll eat for weeks!"

         --Takayuki Ikkaku, Arisa Hosaka, and Toshihiro Kawabata

No comments: