Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Who Says Our Days are Not Exciting? (Oh, wait. That was me.)


After I'd posted last night, I realized I had forgotten that we did have some exciting news!
Katie started diagramming sentences yesterday!  Just a simple subject and a simple predicate yesterday, but she was so excited about it because diagramming is one of Travis's favorite school things, so she knew to expect a treat.  She wasn't disappointed, either!  And today we moved on to compound subjects and predicates...

Who loves diagramming?  We love diagramming!!!

Having accused them of a lack of enthusiasm, it is only fair for me to admit that we do have fun with some of our schoolwork.  And maybe I am being a tad unreasonable to expect them to be joyous about all areas of our studies.  Lord knows I wasn't, at their age.

In related news, Katie's CAT results finally came today, and she was thrilled to have a composite percentile (reading, language, and mathematics) of 99.  She missed one math problem.  I was very pleased too, but would have been even more so if the test had been a bit more challenging.  Travis got a combined percentile of 96, and all of his errors were just sloppy.  I'm thinking of trying a different test next year, just for variety (maybe the ITBS?), but for this year I'm happy that they have become, more than ever, happy and completely anxiety free test takers!

No comments: