Sunday, March 04, 2012

My Baby is 10!

Aaargh!  How can this be?
But she is the sweetest, most adorable ten year old I know, and she is delighted to be ten (she dislikes odd numbers and has been looking forward to being an even number for many months!), so I guess I can't complain.  And she says this was the Best Birthday Ever, which is always what we like to hear!







She got everything she'd hoped for and was delighted with everything! Her grandparents gave her books (I can hardly wait to start reading the Polly Horvath Bunny Detective book aloud tonight!), a video game, and American Girls things. Her brother gave her a poster and beautiful beads. And Ed and I gave her Barbies, clothes, and books. Everything her heart desired!

All morning she played Barbies with Ed (isn't he Wonderful?), my parents came over after lunch to sing Happy Birthday and help with the cake, and then in the afternoon Travis played her new Wii game with her. And for dinner we  had her favorite -- chicken packets, potato chips, and chocolate milkshakes. According to Katie, days just don't get any better than this!




 I am so grateful to have such a loving, happy, adorable daughter!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm SO happy you are raising your children to be happy readers!