Sunday, May 20, 2012

My Favorite Time of Year!


I love summer! (in North Carolina, that is. In Florida I loved fall best. And winter. In North Carolina, fall is wonderful, but summer is perfect!)

We set up the pool yesterday. Mice had chewed a couple holes in it, but we patched them (the holes, not the mice) and are hoping the patches will hold. Now, of course, thanks to our "treat with kid gloves" well, it will take a couple weeks to fill the pool, but Katie is already enjoying it!



Ed got a fun game for the kids at Walmart, where you toss a little plastic ball around and catch it in plastic doohickies. Sort of like badminton, only not nearly so vigorous, and you don't need a net (we will pull out the badminton set soon, but I expect that if the mice noshed on the pool they will have gotten at the net as well).




I went out with my Latin, but abandoned it to play! (The translation exercise is bad poetry, badly translated into Latin. Nerdy fun!)


My hydrangeas were looking really good a week or so ago, but I didn't take pictures. They're still nice, but a bit wilty. I'm just so impressed by a plant that can have blue and pink flowers on the same bush!


Tomorrow is recital day (recital evening, really). I think I am more nervous than the kids! I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments: