Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Wordless Wednesday





By which I actually mean "More Than Usually Filled With Photos" Wednesday. But that doesn't have the same alliterative quality and I don't think it would fit in the title box.

Anyway, we've been enjoying our lighter-than-usual school schedule this week. I have not gotten around to much preparing for the next unit, but the kids have started their Unit 2 reading...

Katie is reading the science book by Fradin and Travis is reading Dracula; they are both reading the others (Katie's book discussion book is Peter Pan, and she finished it in two days. Travis has To Kill a Mockingbird as well as Dracula to read for the near future, but I haven't put it on his schedule yet.)

So much for wordless!

And these are for you, Daddy...


The one orchid healthy enough to bloom is also the one we managed to knock the tag off, so I can't tell you its name or number! However, the other two are #34 and #36, so it's possible that this is #35! I like the way it cranes its little orchid neck around to pose its flowers at an endearing angle. Kind of like a parakeet....

or a cat!
 Okay, Emma isn't craning her neck endearingly in these pictures, but she has very pretty blue eyes!

Travis took these, and I particularly like the way her "Gandalf" eyebrows curl!


No comments: