Thursday, May 23, 2013

Test Day, Box Day, and Flowers

The children took their standardized tests today. They love test day. By tradition, we don't do any other school work on test day, so it is practically a holiday! (We did watch sweet Professor Noble, who told us all about the Rise of Rome and The Roman Republic, but that is fun stuff!)

It was also a Box Day! My second Rainbow Resources order came, with more maps and books!

When we're done reading Greek & Roman myths aloud it is on to Herodotus! Not exactly the Landmark Herodotus, but probably better as a read-aloud.



 Maps! (I wouldn't have gotten so many, but I'm supposed to teach geography at co-op and I want to be prepared!). Pardon the couch cover...


 ...and the dragon.



I went over to my parents' house yesterday and took some pictures of their blooming flowers, but now Blogger has gone all funky on me and is distorting all the pictures I took vertically. (Actually, you can see it in my maps, above, too. If the continents had really looked like that I'd have sent them back!)  Humph. So you'll have to take my word for it -- the irises are lovely, and there is some sort of very pretty pink flowered vine growing next to the white wild roses. 




No comments: