Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Normal Life



relatively speaking, of course. 

Katie had a friend over today, and Travis went to play (make movies... what do we call it when teenage boys play?) at their brothers' house. It was nice (I got the peaceful end of the deal!).

It was a bit chilly and overcast, and Katie's friend asked to borrow a parka. (Thank goodness for washable jackets!) They had fun, despite the cold weather.

Harry socialized with a visiting American Girl horse.

And I waited for the mess I've made to organize itself into a coherent plan for the coming year. So far it is not heading in that direction, but I'm hoping that if I leave all the materials out, the elves will come in the night and put it all together for me. (I can't sew them little jackets, but I promise I'd bake them cookies!)

Katie drew these cute chickadees...

and this is one of Travis's recent videos...


Full Metal Alchemist is a Japanese anime, and since I've never seen it I don't actually get this. But I thought he did a good job with the transitions, and with making the characters talk. I did mention to him that if the wicked guys sacrificed "a thousand human lives" to find a word that rhymes with "orange," it might have been nice if they'd told us just What that word was. Evidently they are dedicated but very secretive poets. Or something.

No comments: