Thursday, May 08, 2014

Playing Catch-up Again

Did it again. A week plus of life, and I failed to document it. But fear not! Old blog updates are better than no blog updates at all, so here is what we've been up to...

This morning Travis and I went hiking at Stone Mountain with my parents. It was really gorgeous! Perfect temperature, no bugs, and few other walkers.



I should know by now that my waterfall pictures never capture the magic.

 Here is my loving family, hovering near the edge of the precipice, waiting for me to plunge over the edge. If I had, it would have been to a cheerful chorus of "I told you so!" (After which, I really do trust, they would have tried to fish me back out.)

And these are from Monday's co-op meeting. The Last meeting of the co-op. We were all relieved, but it was also sad. We've been with this group, through its many variations, since 2007.


Here are some of them, back in October 2007. 

And this was 2008. They were all so Little!

We'll still be meeting for a couple more weeks to finish up Third Form Latin, and then we will see everyone at monthly Latin Club meetings, but it won't be the same. No more grading stacks of papers, which is great, but also no more weekly encouragement to stay on schedule and to dig deep into the material to prepare for class discussions. I am excited about my plans for next school year, but co-op was good.

But, not to get too sniffly, here they are again at Latin Club! (This was actually Wednesday, April 30, but it fits here!) The plan is to continue meeting through the summer, at least a few times, and then to keep up with the monthly meetings next year. I think we are going to put more focus next year on preparations for the State Convention and for the NLE. The kids and I had such a good time in Chapel Hill, at the State Convention, and I know that the other kids in the group would have had fun and won prizes if they had gone. Next year!



Power outage. Fortunately we'd gotten to the refreshments by this time, and the kids are adept at eating in the dark.

Here Travis and Katie are being recognized for their Summa Cum Laude and Cum Laude wins on the NLE. They were pretty pleased.


He got a perfect score! Of course, the bear hat helps.



And last Saturday, for dessert when my parents came over, Katie made this lovely cake! It was good!



And now we are all the way back to last Thursday. The kids and I went with my parents to Reynolda Gardens, in Winston-Salem. The azaleas were fabulous!












I love this one of my parents. Too cute!

And this one makes me laugh. Katie is looking horrified because there was a dead squirrel on the trail. Poor lamb. Nature is rough.
 But these turtles were awesome. Just basking away in their happy turtle pond. I don't even think they have alligators to worry about.


It's been a good week!

No comments: